Keen:Planet Modding/Indestructible Buildings
|OFFICIAL CONTENT NOTICE|
OFFICIAL CONTENTThis article contains official content from or verified by the developers at Keen Software House. This information is intended to be accurate at the time it is posted. Due to Medieval Engineers being under active development, information may become obsolete very quickly. If you find errors in this article please describe the errors in the Discussion Page.
Medieval Engineers is in alpha stage of development. Everything in the game is subject to change.
Indestructible buildings introduction
There is a way how to make some buildings in your save indestructible. We are using this feature for starting area buildings. Some you guys might make a good use of this feature in your pre-made worlds.
Currently, only way how to do this is to make edits to an existing save file. So you can only use it for world modding.
Making indestructible cubegrids in existing save
Goal is to open world’s save file in a text editor, find your cubegrid in it and add this tag to it:
- Find your save file. By default save files are stored in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MedievalEngineers\Saves
- Open folder with your save and find file called SANDBOX_0_0_0_.sbs. This file can be opened with any text editor you prefer.
- In the SANDBOX_0_0_0_.sbs search for the cubegrid name of the building you want to make indestructible. (use find/search function in your text editor, or you will grow old before you find it)
- Tip: To find out name of a cubegrid, create blueprint of the building. The name that the building saves as in your blueprint screen is the name of the cubegrid.
- You should find the name in tags called:
- Under the name, add following tag with setting set to false:
- If you followed instruction, the indestructibility tag is now in node called
<MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase>and not in any of its child nodes.
- Save the edited file.
- Load the save and test destructibility
- It worked! Enjoy
- It is still destructible. Go to point 1.
View the full Planet Modding Guide