Medieval Engineers is an Early Access game, which means that it is under development but already in a playable state and contains a vast amount of features. The game is improved on a regular basis through updates that add and polish features and content, optimizations and bug fixes.
Please note that everything in the game is subject to change.
- Creative - Unlimited resources, instant building, invulnerability, levitation
- Survival - Currently available: death/respawn, survival building, resource management, inventory, character stats (health, stamina, food), material harvesting and processing
- Creative and Survival Modes
- Cooperative - Build together with your friends, protect your castles/cities from barbarian raids
- Competitive - Battle against other players
- Privacy Customization - Play offline, private, friends only, and public games
Crafting - Craft your tools using the basic resources such as scrap wood or small stones
Dedicated servers - Players can connect to a third party host, rather than using a player-host, in a peer-to-peer set-up. The result is a faster connection and a more fluid multiplayer performance with less lag
Barbarians - First prototype of enemy AI
Peasants - First prototype of friendly AI. Able to pick up stones and move them to his spawn position.
First-person & Third-person
Voxel hands - Shape the terrain and its material (right now only creative mode voxel hand is implemented
- Small - 0.25 meter (25 centimeters)
- Large - 2.5 meters
- Dynamic - Can be used to construct carriages and machinery that is supposed to be moved around
- Static - Immovable and connected to earth; if a heavy load breaks its structural integrity it cracks and unsupported parts become dynamic
Building blocks - Stone walls (various shapes – from blocky to rounded), wooden walls and flooring, roofs (ceramic, thatched, hay), power source blocks (manual human labor), stored energy blocks (torsion spring), leverages, weights, swings, ropes, wooden beams of various length and shape
Realistic physics - structural integrity, destructible objects (everything: from blocks to terrain), real proportions, volume, mass, storage capacity, integrity
Planets - Highly detailed planet with hidden surprises. There are lots of places to discover, nice views, and easily defensible locations.
Steam Workshop - Share your creations with the Community
Modding - World files, 3D models, textures, shaders, API (scripting in-game objects in C#)
World management - “Save as” to make multiple copies, auto-save every 5 minutes (can be turned on/off), automatic backups, edit world settings and advanced settings
Xbox controller support
Wardrobe - Customize the character, including male and female skins
World map with fast travel
Working doors and gates
MORE TO BE ADDED LATER!
Please bear in mind that this list may not be complete or perfect and everything is subject to change.